I love my talented friends! My friend Evon, (Cookievonster) has been making me cookies like crazy for years! It all started with a cookie for my birthday and most recently she has made cookies for my book The Love List.
Not only has Evon made cookies for my book, but for Brandee Buble as well. Brandee (sister of Michael Buble) has written a cute kids book entitled, O’shae the Octopus (available everywhere). And of course, Evon captured the book perfectly in a a stellar cake!
This is 5 minutes/5 questions with photographer, Johnny Wolf:
1) How long have you lived in New York?
All of my life!
2) What is your favourite thing about being behind the camera?
It removes my self awareness. I’m generally more of an introvert, but with a camera in my hands, I become much more outgoing and have no trouble directing people and being the center of attention. The interactions I have and connections I make with people are wonderful!
3) Where is your favourite location in New York to take pictures?
4) What is your single best piece advice for aspiring photographers?
Take risks and push yourself outside of your comfort zone. I’ve found that I learn a lot more from failures than I do from making a good picture.
5) What are the top three characteristics on your Love List (characteristics or qualities you are looking for in a potential mate or your current mate)?
Strong, independent, selfless. And warm. And goofy. Wait, did you say three?
Two years ago I started working with the lovely and talented Evon Au of Cookievonster. Since then, she has made many cookies for me: nursing week, birthday cookies and of course the cookie to honour my first book, The Love List.
Here is an interview with the gal behind all the cookies.
5 minutes/5 questions with cookie extraordinaire Evon Au.
1) How long have you lived in Vancouver?
Almost 8 years.
2) When your not baking, what are you up to?
Sleeping!!! Sleep is very rare for me these days LOL!
3) When did you decide to take up cookie making and baking?
About 4-5 years ago?? After this workaholic went from working 7 days a week, to staying at home 7 days a week, had to find something to keep myself occupied and challenged, and feel in love with baking/ cookie decorating.
4) Tell me about your most favourite cookie you have ever made.
Hmm….. almost every new cookie becomes my new favourite as I apply what I have learnt from the previous cookies to the new cookies. But saying that, I think the set of Minions cookies are my favourite because they make me happy every time I look at them.
5) Name three characteristics (in no particular order) on your Love List?
Ambitious, hardworking, respectful
I posted more pics on my actual blog – not just this events one. Opps. I had such a great time at Holt Renfrew and I got to keep my signs – which will be framed in the near future 🙂 I enjoyed meeting all sorts of people who just wanted to chat. Plus – I can’t complain about my pretty dress and big hair. The best way to spend a Valentine’s Day.