I’m so excited to be teaming up with this food/lifestyle photographer this summer for my first shoot in Vancouver (go figure!). Her name is Joey Armstrong and we first met when I frequented a local deli to buy beef jerky. I’m excited to see Joey in her element as she captures moments of fun at Soirette for the shoot!
Check Joey out on Instagram/Twitter: @joey_arm_strong and ‘Like’ her Facebook page: joey armstrong photography
Here is 5 minutes/5 questions with the lovely and creative Joey Armstrong:
1) How long have you lived in Vancouver?
just over 7 years!
2) What is your favourite thing about being behind the camera?
it’s a weird mixture of excitement and fear, to have the power and ability to create images that truly capture the beauty or the feeling of the subject itself (whether it’s a farmer’s market bounty of gorgeous produce, or an adorable family that loves that loves each other so much).
3) What is your most favourite picture you have ever taken?
tough question; i’m really indecisive! i don’t think i have a favourite picture ever taken, but my most recent favourite would be a photo i took of a dad & his young daughter fishing by the river (i love the look of pure joy on her face, and the water splashing everywhere).
4) What is your single best piece of advice for aspiring photographers?
failure, or the feeling of failure, is normal and totally okay – just make sure you move on, learn from it, and don’t take it personally.
5) What are the top three characteristics on your Love List (characteristics or qualities you are looking for in a potential mate or your current mate)?
patience. humour. helpfulness.